Sunday, August 8, 2010

Eli's growin'!

Tomorrow Eli will be 5 months old. That is a month away from half a year! How did this happen? He is growing like a sweet little weed. It seems like every day he is doing something new. His favorite past time is still watching Tiger do whatever it is he is doing. He can now hold his whole upper body off of the ground if he's on his tummy. He gets his knees under him and scoots around a little bit (mostly backwards). I've spent a lot of the past week making baby food for him. He is really such a good eater! He gladly eats every bite of food he is offered. So far he has had sweet potatoes, pears, and a taste of peaches. He is eating a big bowl of rice cereal for dinner and his fruits/veggies in the morning. He still nurses five times a day which will continue until he's 1. If you notice in the pictures posted below, Eli has already started fruits and veggies at 4 (almost 5) months and Tiger didn't start until the day he turned 6 months. I was very much by the book with Tiger but I've been a bit more relaxed with Eli. I wouldn't say I've thrown the metaphorical book out the window, I'd say I've just rested it on a nearby shelf where I can still abide by it if needed. Poor guy has had a bit of a hard time with teething for the past week. When I looked today one of his little bottom teeth was just about all the way through his gums. Hopefully they will both make an appearance soon and give him some relief. He has the sweetest little disposition and is a very happy guy most of the time. He is pretty much on a schedule now-which as you know, makes me a happy Momma. He and Tiger pretty consistently nap at the same time each afternoon (Hallelujah!). Aaron and I have always been able to tell when he is tired because he gives us a very clear sign of screaming in our face. He spent his first time in the church nursery this morning and was fabulous. I am pretty sure he was held by someone the whole time (I mean, can you blame them?) and when we picked him up he was fast asleep. Aaron and I have given him the nickname "Easy E" because he is just such an easy baby. Tiger continues to adore him and be the sweetest, most caring big brother. Sometimes when Eli cries Tiger will sweetly say "Oh, Easy!" And randomly throughout the day Tiger will say "Hold Eli!" and we will sit him down in a chair and prop Eli on his lap. He will hold his baby brother and just talk and talk, kiss him, and pat him. What a love. I just can't believe how quickly our Eli's first year is flying by! He is such a joy!



Daddy and "Easy E."





Mommy and Easy.





Happy boy!





Eli after his first bowl of real food (sweet potatoes) at 4 (almost 5) months old.





Tiger after his first bowl of real food (peas) when he was 6 months old. He was such a clean eater we actually had to smear peas on his mouth for effect for this picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment