The first night we were there while I was getting the boys ready for bed I heard what sounded like someone trying to open the door to the bedroom. Tiger, being the gentleman he is, said "Come in!" and no one did. Assuming it was just a little one, I forgot all about it. That is...until I opened the door. I heard a hollow sounding "thunk" and looked down to see what it was. That is when I became truly horrified. At my feet laid the creepiest, most disturbing thing I've seen in a long while. Staring coldly up at me with deep set, dark, soul less eyes was THIS:
Terrifying, right? I can thank Leigh for leaving her (or him) on my doorknob. That night we had a long discussion about this heinous little doll and after scaring ourselves half to death we decided it would be best for her to spend the night on the porch. The next day I took her back inside and gingerly put her in Leigh's bed. Leigh discovered her like this:
Then I found her lying in the hall by my bedroom door. That afternoon I put her to bed in Rex's crib. Later that evening she appeared (courtesy of CJ) in Eli's bath seat. The next day Lindsey took a picture of her and texted it to me while we were playing a game. I honestly don't know what has happened to her since. I do know that whomever created her was seriously disturbed. I thought her name should be "Precious"-a reference to "Lord of the Rings." But CJ and Leigh came up with a more human sounding name that I can't remember now. Regardless, I am not sure whose possession she is in now-I just have a feeling we haven't seen the last of her.
Besides torturing each other with her creepiness, we made some other memories as well. Poor Leigh woke up Wednesday morning with a migraine so she spent some of the morning trying to rest on the back porch. Kids were running in and out of the house the whole time but she did her best to sit still with her eyes closed. She said she heard Tiger say "So delicious!" and she barely opened her eyes to see him holding Lindsey's empty Corona bottle from the night before. I came out and smelled his breath and sure enough-he smelled like he had been to a frat party. There was nothing but a few drops left in the bottle so he had only gotten a little taste. Just another reason why he is the funniest 2 year old ever.
Eli did really well rolling with the punches that come with hanging out with 8 kids under 3. He spent some time lying next to Rex on the play mat. He slept by the pool while we swam. He also swam a little bit-while I held him, of course. All in all he was my happy little guy!
Here are a couple of pictures from our trip:



This is too funny. Friends to the end.. Chuckie is who this doll looks like. YIKES! Looks like it was a really fun getaway trip. Love, Kya
ReplyDelete