Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Eli, meet Uncle Adam. Uncle Adam, meet Eli.

Uncle Adam, Great Granddad Floyd, 'Nette, and Papa Robert came to visit a couple of weeks ago and we were SO glad to see them! It was the first time Uncle Adam and Eli met and we had such a great visit. Aaron and I got to go on a couple of dates while the family held down the fort which was much appreciated. The rest of our nights were spent playing games. We played a new one called "Killer Bunnies" and we also played a couple of rounds of dominoes. Aaron and I were being crazy while we played and started coming up with names that sounded very similar to everyone's real names, but just a letter off. So we called Mrs. Janette "Jamette", Mr. Robert was "Romert", Adam was "Adab", and Granddad Floyd was "Floyb." For some reason when we called Granddad Floyd "Floyb" it made me laugh the hardest. In true Granddad fashion after I was done laughing hysterically he looked right at me and said "I don't think that's very funny." Hahahaha-we just love him so much! If only we all went around just saying exactly what we thought all the time. I love it. Tiger and Eli relished having all attention on them while everyone was here and we've actually coined a new phrase for the few days after 'Nette leaves. Tiger has to go on "'Nette detox" once the harsh reality hits that life is back to business as usual once she's gone. Those boys do love their 'Nette and Papa Robert! When Tiger was going around telling everyone goodbye he just bawled which was actually really sad to watch. It's the first time he's done that. My little tender hearted boy. Here are some pictures from their visit:






Tiger LOVED playing with Uncle Adam on his ipad. It's a weird feeling realizing your 2 year old is more proficient with technology than you are.






Eli with his Uncle Adam.






Tiger went on a kissing spree. First he got Granddad Floyd...






Then Uncle Adam! I'm pretty sure that's a bite, but I'll allow it.






What a sweet sugar bear!






Tiger and Eli love them some Granddad!






Eli with his sweet 'Nette.






Reading time!





Peek-a-boo!






No pants? No problem!






Tiger's nightly ride on "Daddy Horsey."






Even Eli likes to rough house!






I came looking for Eli one morning and found him like this.






Endless entertainment!

2 comments:

  1. ahhahahaha! i love this! how great e can watch the clothes washing! brilliant idea and a fabulous selling point! :) how fun to have the family in town!! and your names! bhahahahahahah! some of them were like what you'd come up with with a cold. :) (pinch your nose and you'll see what i mean!) fun game!! i love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your boys are adorable--I love Eli's entertainment and the bite-kiss!

    ReplyDelete