Monday, October 18, 2010

Praying Mantis sighting, etc.




A few nights ago after the boys were in bed I spotted a Praying Mantis outside our front door. Fulfilling his title as the best Daddy in the world, Aaron went out-mason jar in hand-and captured it so the boys could look at it once they got up in the morning. On our way to the car to go grocery shopping the next morning Tiger immediately spotted the jar and wanted to bring it with him in the car. I had visions of him unscrewing the lid and the crazy looking thing jumping on me and us veering off into Lake Lanier, so...needless to say-the jar stayed in the garage. That afternoon after naps Daddy (not me!) unscrewed the cap where the poor mantis finally got a chance to stretch his long legs. I think it must have done a lot of praying while it was trapped considering it was about as long as the jar itself and had little room to move...but, I digress. Tiger was fascinated and Eli was as fascinated as a 7 month old could be. Tiger would run and play in the yard and then come running back to check and see if it was still there. The first few times he checked it was still perched on the glass or on the ground by the jar but then it got smart and got the heck out of dodge.

We've had some good times these past few weeks. Here are some pictures to prove it!


Eli enjoying some Daddy love.







Tiger has been into anything with wheels lately and is very particular when lining up his cars. He likes everything (not just his cars) JUST so. He most definitely gets that from me, poor guy.







My little loves.







I am pretty sure Bengal really truly does love the boys but I think she may love the prospect of getting second hand attention when she lies next to one of them just a little bit more.







Working hard at Mommy's computer while sipping on her last few drops of coffee.

2 comments:

  1. How sweet are these boys! I can't imagine having two people steal your heart so easily--how amazing. You two are such fun parents!

    ReplyDelete
  2. once again!! you had me BUSTIN' OUT laughing!!! "veering off into Lake Lanier"... ahahahahahhaah! =) love this family! love these boys! and i'm thankful the mantis gets to continue the life of prayer (until he gets his head eaten off by his mate... or eats off her mate's head - whichever).

    ReplyDelete