Thursday, October 28, 2010

"LOOK! A BEAR!!!"...not.

This past weekend on recommendation from our sweet friend Lindsey we moseyed on over to Burt's Farm in Dahlonega to take a hayride and look at all the pumpkins. The mountain drive was SO gorgeous seeing all of the trees and their vibrant reds, oranges, and yellows. This is most definitely my favorite time of year and can I just say how awesome it is to live in a state that 1) has trees and 2) those trees actually change colors. I loves me some Georgia.

The hayride was really exciting but we all had a few disappointments. Tiger had to squint because the tractor was kicking up all kinds of dust and debris. Eli kept covering his baby ears because it was loud. And let me just paint a picture of the disappointment Aaron and I experienced. Imagine we are riding along through a tranquil forest enjoying the beautiful autumn colors and scenery when all of a sudden there is a clearing in the trees and lo and behold what do we see? A handsome black bear standing at a distance just hanging out being a bear. Aaron says in his most excited voice "Look-a bear!" as I almost wet my pants trying to grab the camera in time to get a picture of the glorious creature before it has a chance to scamper off to it's bear cave. Others around us are excitedly grabbing their cameras and snapping shots as well. Aaron says "Did you get a picture?" as I have a proud wife moment and get to tell him that yes, I indeed got several pictures. After that it's all a blur of let down emotions as I don't remember the exact moment we figured out it was FAKE! I have several thoughts at this point. First of all, how lame am I that I just went nuts over a fake bear in front of my children/husband/strangers and broke the cardinal rule of hayriding to stand up while the tractor is moving (gasp!) to excitedly take pictures. Second, how can I get these jokers back next year? Shall I "pretend" to be pregnant and "pretend" my water breaks as we're going over a bump? Or maybe dress up in a bear suit and sit in the path of the hayriders while smoking a cigarette. I don't know what it'll be, but I will have to come up with something for retribution.

After it was over Tiger was pretty hungry at that point and we still had a 20 minute drive to the Dahlonega square to eat at our favorite pizza joint. After much bribing and coaxing we got him in the car and were on our way. Tiger and Eli had a blast on our pumpkin farm/hayriding/faux bear sighting/pizza eating adventure and Aaron and I did too.








Tiger is SO into wheels right now! And tractors, too!








Look at that sweet baby smile.








Poor Easy kept covering his ears!








My sugar bear.








I mean-how cruel do you have to be, Burt's Farm?








Two of the coolest guys I know.








Another one of the coolest guys I know.








Tiger at the hungry point of no return. When I saw this picture I was laughing hard telling Aaron how unhappy he looks and he said he was trying to match Tiger's unhappy face for the picture. Sure you were, Daddy. ;)









Cutest scarecrow ever #1







Cutest scarecrow ever #2

2 comments:

  1. bahahahahhaahah! i love ALL of your ideas for getting burts back!!!!!!!!! you should SO do one... or all of them!!! you're posts always crack me up!! you're a great writer and storyteller!! looks like ya'll had a ton of fun!! so glad you got to check something else off of your list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm... I'm torn between your ideas at revenge... Your water breaking would really be unnerving but I can't shake the image of you in the bear suit with a cigarette in hand (paw). But what a cool little place--I wish we had something like that around here!

    ReplyDelete