The most thrilling part of the day was when after over an hour of waiting in the scorching sun we got on this ride:
and right before we went on the perfectly vertical incline we came to a halt in the direct sun while listening to the announcement that the ride was broken indefinitely. I got a little nervous and looked over at Aaron and said "We're gonna burn!" and then decided that was against my better judgment since there were children on the ride within very close earshot. They seemed okay though. After about 10 minutes of thinking my Irish self was going to fry in the sun (sans hat at this point) the ride started back up and we were on our way. While we were going straight up in the air I turned to Aaron and told him I wasn't sure how to feel about being the first guinea pigs after they fixed the ride, but at that point we didn't have a choice. It ended up being a good time though.
After we left the park we ate at a restaurant that was featured on "Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives" and then checked into our hotel. That night we went to Holeman and Finch, which was also featured on the Food Network. They are famous for serving only 24 cheeseburgers each night at 10 PM. If you want one, you have to get there early to place your order. They aren't even on the menu. So Aaron and I got there at 8:45 and got our order in. If you are ever in Atlanta and have the time, you must eat one of these cheeseburgers. It was amazing. Here are some pictures of our outing:
Aaron sporting his Granddad's stylish post-eye-surgery sunglasses as we drove through to get coffee at McDonalds.
And now I'm sporting the sunglasses while we wait in line for the Daredevil ride since my real sunglasses were now at the bottom of the lame coaster.
Snacking on some caramel bacon popcorn at Holeman and Finch. That stuff rocked.
Aaron enjoying the last couple bites of the best cheeseburger on Earth.
Thanks to 'Nette, Grammy, and Granddad for taking such good care of our boys while we enjoyed a night out! Y'all are the best.



Y'all are so cute. I love hearing about all the fun things you do together. :)
ReplyDelete