Sweet Tiger loved this creepy crawler.
Attempting to get everyone to look at the camera.
Can you see the excitement on his face? It was so precious to watch. This boy loves a waterfall!
I just want to kiss those cheeks.
I promise they enjoyed it.
Now they're lookin'!
Tiger took a rest on this rock.
On another note, we have started a new tradition this year and will do it every year from now on for Aaron's birthday. Since Aaron's is exactly a week after Tiger's birthday I will probably always have leftover icing and cake in the freezer from the week before. Since I hate to waste, I dug the leftovers out and attempted to make Aaron a birthday cake that he would enjoy eating and the boys would enjoy seeing. Well, the more I worked on it the uglier it got. As I was squeezing the brown icing around the base the tip came out of the bag and I was not motivated enough to put it back in since it was just us eating it. You don't have to use much imagination to decide what it ended up looking like. The cake was shining through under the white icing because I didn't have enough to make it pretty. And the Elmo face was leftover from Tiger's party last year. I also made Elmo white because that's what I had and lacked the motivation to make it red. So the new tradition is every year I will try to top the previous year for ugliest cake ever for Aaron's birthday. This shouldn't be hard since I will be working with scraps from Tiger's cake. It's just a good time to try and out ugly the year before. I know, I'm really weird. Here is the finished product-it actually tasted pretty good:
Nothing says I love you and Happy Birthday like a faux #2, white Elmo faced, poorly decorated cake.



That is an AWESOME birthday cake! I love your new tradition. You guys are always having so much fun! And Tiger and Eli are as cute and sweet as ever.
ReplyDeleteOn another note, I am just now catching up with reading your blog post about adopting a child from Ethiopia!!! I am so excited for you all and it's exciting to see how God was working this in your hearts. I look forward to hearing more as your story progresses. Love you bunches!!!
This looked like a fun, beautiful family event to see some God made nature and quality time with the birthday man and the sweet boys.
ReplyDeletePS: the Elmo cake is cute...
Blessings,
Kya "bones"