Wednesday, May 19, 2010

I love brush.


Today is a glorious day. Not only because we seem to be over the worst of the plague we have been experiencing around here but because of something my sweet Tiger boy said. Here's the back story. On Mother's Day I thought it would be a good day to try to get him to say "I love you, Mommy" so I worked on him all day trying to get him to repeat me. He never acknowledged what I was saying and even ignored it most of the time. In the mean time he has become obsessed with brushes lately. Any kind of brush he can get his hands on. The bottle brush, the hair brush, the silicone basting brush-he doesn't discriminate. Anyway, back to Mother's Day. He is sitting on one of the bar stools in the kitchen and the bottle brush is just beyond his reach. So he looks over frantically at Aaron and I and says "Brush, brush, I love brush!" So after we had a laugh one of us gave it to him and he kept saying "Love brush." The whole situation reminded me of one of the best movies ever made, "Anchorman", where Brick is just naming things in the room and saying he loves them. "I love lamp." The whole "I love brush" incident was promising because I then knew he understood in his own 2 year old way what it means to love something and that he could express it verbally. Fast forward a week and a half. This morning Aaron and I were putting him in our bed and pretending that he was going to go to sleep just to be silly. We were putting his "cover-sue" on him (that's what he calls covers) and we said "Night, night. Sleep tight. I love you." That is what we normally say when he goes to bed. Well, after we said that to him he said "I love you" in his sweet little voice. Of course I went all crazy on him because I was so excited. I jumped up over him and was kissing him and telling him how sweet he is and then he decided he'd had enough of that and hopped off the bed. Oh, Tiger-you are the sweetest and most hilarious 2 year old we know!

4 comments:

  1. You make sure you print the postings and keep them in a scrapbook so you will always remember how special this was.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Papa Mitch and Kia had a good time Memorial Day. I think this an excellent idea for a life time scrap book. Tiger and Eli will be proud they were thought of so much in such a kind way.
    Love ,Kia

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS: Is Kia spelled with a Y or an I?
    I guess we might figure that out now.
    What does Tiger think the spelling should be?

    ReplyDelete